GROWTH is unavoidable; we see it everywhere. Technology is developing, populations are increasing, tensions are building, cities are widening, seas are rising. We all want to move forwards and fast, because without growth decay begins.
On Sunday 17th June, inspiring speakers from across the globe will descend on The Clapham Grand as part of TEDx’s third event in Clapham. The theme this year is ‘grow’ with experts discussing their take on the topic, including:
- Dr Anna Machin: Perfectly timed for Father’s Day, the evolutionary anthropologist shares the outcome of 10 years’ worth of research on the father-child relationship.
- Sam Conniff Allende: An acclaimed public speaker, serial entrepreneur and mentor of thousands of talented young entrepreneurs, Sam discusses why the millennials of today will drive a new age of ‘piratism’, rewrite the rules and change the status quo.
- Richard Ballard: Creator of the UK’s first subterranean urban farm, located in a disused WWII Air Raid Shelter 100ft directly below Clapham, Richard will share his thoughts on the future of technology and agriculture.
- Che Lingo: Local South West London rapper heads back to his roots to discuss the harsh realities of judgement and acceptance.
- Dhruv Boruah: Born in the foothills of the Himalayas, the adventurer turned plastic campaigner explores how plastic isn’t just infiltrating our oceans, but also our diet.
Alex Merry, organiser of TEDxClapham, said: “From the beginning, I wanted TEDxClapham to showcase new ideas, perspectives and breakthrough discoveries that aim to educate, motivate and inspire a legacy of change within Clapham and beyond. There is more to Clapham than its infamous nightlife and the talks at our previous events have proven that. They have played a role in changing policy on sexual assault, inspired the creation of new businesses and provided a platform for incredible ideas to be shared globally. This year’s speakers have a lot to live up to, but having spent the last four months personally selecting them, I know they will wow. This event is a great day out for the curious, diverse groups of friends and family, to get everyone together to share thoughts and beliefs, and spark conversations.”