The daytime TV show was taken off air indefinitely on Monday after it emerged a guest had reportedly taken his own life.
ITV has been urged to end the confrontational talk show for good following a huge public outcry.
MPs are due to discuss the case today and Prime Minister Theresa May’s spokesman has described the incident as “deeply concerning”.
When asked by Sky News this morning about the future of the programme, ITV head of studios Kevin Lygo said: “We’ll be making a statement on this later in the day.”
He would not make any further comment.
Guest Steve Dymond apparently took his own life after appearing on the show. He had taken a lie detector test to convince fiancee Jane Callaghan he had not been unfaithful, but was told he had failed.
The episode which featured the 63-year-old, who died a week after it had been recorded, has not been aired.
Presenter Kyle was filmed by Sky News near his home in Windsor on Tuesday, but is yet to comment personally.
ITV’s chief executive, Dame Carolyn McCall, addressed the issue in an email to staff, saying it would be “inappropriate to continue to broadcast the show when a participant on it has so recently died”.
She added: “This decision is not in any way a reflection on the show, but the best way we think we can protect the show and the production team from this reaction we expect to this death”.
The digital, culture, media and sport committee is today due to hold a private meeting to discuss “what should be done to review the duty of care support for people appearing in reality TV shows”, chairman Damian Collins has said.
Commenting on Mr Dymond’s death, Mrs May’s spokesman said: “This is a deeply concerning case.
“Broadcasters and production companies have a responsibility for the mental health and wellbeing of participants and viewers of their programmes.
“We are clear they must have appropriate levels of support in place.”
A spokesman for the Ofcom broadcasting watchdog said Mr Dymond’s death was “very distressing”.
They added: “Although we can only assess content that has been broadcast, we are discussing this programme with ITV as a priority to understand what took place.”
ITV has launched a review into the episode Mr Dymond featured in.
A spokeswoman for the broadcaster said: “Prior to the show a comprehensive assessment is carried out by the guest welfare team on all potential contributors.
“The guests are interviewed by guest welfare face-to-face at studios and prior to filming.
“Throughout filming, the participants are supported by the guest welfare team.
“After filming has ended, all guests are seen by a member of the guest welfare team.”
Mr Dymond’s body was found at an address in Grafton St, Portsmouth, on 9 May.
Hampshire Police said it is not being treated as suspicious and a file is being prepared for the coroner.
It emerged on Tuesday that Mr Dymond had been the subject of an arrest warrant after he failed to attend a court hearing for non-payment of a fine.